11.10.2010

Wild Mushroom Goulash

Picture 171
I think, that for this year is the wild mushroom season by the end. At least here in the Kootenays… Thanks god the fall is this year quite nice and we still didn’t get any frost and snow. I have to say, that I’m very much thanks full for every day without snow. Will see, what kind of surprises we will get this season with El-Ňiňa.
Anyway – my last 10 minutes trip to the forest around my house was quite successful and I decided to make from my last crop of this season wild mushroom goulash. On the Czech version of my blog we had some discussion about recommendation and the best goulash ever recipes, so I’m quite excited about your comments and about your experiences too.

Ingredients:

5-10 wild mushrooms
1 bigger onion (chopped)
3 strips bacon (chopped)
3 tbsp vegetable oil
3 tbsp paprika
1 tsp ground caraway seeds
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cube vegetable broth
1L water
1 tbsp Maggi soup liquid seasoning
2 tbsp flour
1 tsp marjoram leaves
2 cloves garlic

Directions:

1. Cut wild mushrooms into a cubes.
Picture 163
2. In a casserole roast bacon cubes follow by onion until slight brown. Then add the cubes of mushroom.
Picture 165
3. Roast until approx. 1/2 of the liquid evaporate.
Picture 166
4. Add paprika and just slightly roast (do not over burn), add water, caraway seeds and cube of vegetable broth.
Picture 168
5. Cook shortly (10 minutes), add some salt, pepper and liquid Maggi soup seasoning. Mix flour with some water and pour the mixture into the goulash. Cook shortly. In the end add some marjoram leaves and mushed garlic.
Picture 169

1 comment:

  1. Yum! My mom picks mushrooms in Northern California and is always sending me pictures of her delicious creations. My grandparents also mail dried mushrooms to me, which they've picked in the CZ forests. My husband doesn't like mushrooms, so I need to find creative ways to sneak them in my dishes. :-)

    ReplyDelete