11.03.2010

Mom’s Cream of Bean Soup

DSC00091
I’m not sure, if I mentioned in my previous articles, how much I do like soups. So far I didn’t presented them here on my blog, but if there will be an interests, I will do it with pleasure.
This special Cream of Bean Soup is very simple but very tasty one. My mom used to use always one special kind of beans – called Scarlet Runner Beans (in German Feuerbohne or Käferbohne). And the reason was that this kind of beans gives the cream a special dark pink colour. Because I wasn’t able to buy this particular variety so far in BC, I’m using Pinto Beans, which make the colour not so intense, but quite close to the original colour.

Ingredients:

2 cups of beans (soak over night in plenty of water)
2L water
1 smaller carrot
1 small parsley or parsnip
piece of celery root
1 cup cream
salt and pepper

Directions:

1. Rinse soaked beans and add some fresh water. Cook until almost done (approx.30 minutes).
DSC00087
2. Shred vegetables on a coarse grinder and add into the soup.
DSC00088
3. After approx. 10 minutes mix flour in a cream and pour it to the soup and bring it to the boiling. Stir regularly.
DSC00089
4. Add some salt and pepper for taste.
DSC00090

No comments:

Post a Comment