12.19.2010

Lutika from Mikulov

DSC00178
Mikulov is beautiful small town in the south of Moravia (founded in 12.century – check this: http://www.mikulov.cz/photogallery/photo-album/?contentId=84387) on the border with Austria where live part of my family and which I always love to visit on my ways to Europe. Thanks to my relatives Jarka and Vasek taste Mikulov for me as well like “Lutika”.
To describe Lutika is quite easy – it taste like Mexican salsa with touch of Czech. Uncle Vasek always used to say: “… it is so good you can eat it by its own – because it taste so mild, or like a side-dish as mustard or on your fresh made toast – because the end is piquant”.
I would like to present you today the recipe for Lutika. It is very easy and the result is great! It is quite seasonal recipe of late summer or fall, but you can make couple of jars anytime during the year – as I did too on my birthday…

Ingredients:

2kg tomatoes
5 hot peppers
1kg red mild peppers (can be green or yellow too)
1/2kg onion
8 cloves garlic
120g sugar
300ml vegetable oil
200ml vinegar
2 tbsp salt

Directions:

1. Prepare all vegetables, clean, cut in pieces.
DSC00174
2. Ground everything on a meat grinder.
DSC00175 DSC00176
3. Put vegetable into deeper pan and cook for about 30 minutes. Then add sugar, oil, vinegar and salt and cook for another 90 minutes until the volume shrink on about half.
DSC00177
4. Let cool over night and serve or put into small jars. You can eat it immediately or sterile.
DSC00178

No comments:

Post a Comment